DEGUISA S.L.U. hereby informs you of how cookies are used on its website www.deguisa.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via websites. They are essential tools for the provision of numerous services in today's information society. Among other things, they enable websites to store and retrieve information on the browsing habits of users and on their equipment. Depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise users and improve the service provided.
Types of cookie
Cookies can be divided into two types, depending on who manages the domain from where they are sent and processes the data obtained:
- First-party cookies: these are cookies sent to the user's terminal from the host computer or domain from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain not managed by the host but by a separate organisation that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
If cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the host but the information that they gather is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as first-party cookies.
There is also a second form of classification based on how long they remain stored on the user's browser:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user is visiting a website. They tend to be used to store information that only needs to be kept to provide the service requested by the user once (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: data are stored on the terminal and can be accessed by the controller of the cookie for a pre-set time that may range from a few minutes to several years.
The third and final form of classification breaks cookies down into five types depending on the purposes for which data are gathered:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that enable users to browse our website, platform or application and use the various options or services offered their, e.g. monitoring traffic and data communication, identifying sessions, accessing restricted areas, remembering the items in order, handling order purchase processes, submitting registrations and applications for participation in events, using security features during browsing, storing content for the distribution of videos or audio and sharing content via social media.
- Personalisation cookies: these enable users to access services with general, predefined characteristics based on a number of criteria at user terminals, e.g. language, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these enable the controller to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by cookies of this type is used to measure activity and websites, applications and platforms and to draw up browser profiles for users of those sites, applications and platforms with a view to introducing improvements based on the analysis of utilisation data for services.
- Advertising cookies: these enable advertising spaces to be managed as effectively as possible.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store behavioural information on users obtained via continued observation of their browsing habits, enabling specific profiles to be drawn up so that advertising can be targeted.
Disabling and eliminating cookies
You have the option of permitting, blocking or eliminating cookies installed on your computer via the option configurations section of your browser. If you disable cookies, some services may no longer be available. Each browser has its own process for disabling cookies, but it can normally be found in the Tools or Options menus. You can also check the Help menu on your browser for instructions. Users can choose what cookies they wish to accept on each website at any time.
You have the option of permitting, blocking or eliminating cookies installed on your computer via the option configurations section of the browser on your computer.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
You can also manage cookies storage on your browser via tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Acceptance of Cookies Policy
When the information appears you may take the following actions:
- Accept cookies: the message will not reappear on any page in the portal for the rest of this session.
- Close: the warning is hidden for this page.
- Change configuration: to find out more about what cookies are, see the www.deguisa.com Cookies Policy and modify the configuration of your browser.